Thursday, October 27, 2011

Preface : KJV Doubters

Let me put how I feel in regards to the KJV right at the beginning of this :

I (reverently) stand on the KJV as my final authority from God in English. I believe every word of the Authorized Version is perfect, placed properly, and punctuated correctly. I believe God inspired this book. I do not believe in teaching, preaching, sharing, evangelizing, or studying any other English version.

It's not just because of the church I go to is a King James Bible only church. I've listened to lessons on how we got the Authorized 1611, listened to research on how the bible got to me, and listened to studies on why I do not use a modern version.

I've even done a study of my own (based on a few I've heard and some I have researched myself). If you don't believe me, I've got several other versions in a bookshelf in my room which I have found examples in them of why I do not use them. They are :

New King James Version
New International Version
Contemporary English Version
Today's English Version
New Living Translation
Amplified Version
New American Standard Version
New World Translation

All these are part of a study I called "Why Not The KJV?"

My question to you is : Have you ever done a comparison between the one you "prefer" and the KJV? I did. I used to carry an NIV with me and didn't know a thing about the differences of all the versions. I'm not going to go into all the discussion about versions and why, but if there is any interest, I will open a new email address for those who truly want to know the difference between the one you have and the AV 1611 (not promising I can answer every question, but I can present you with some studies I listened to and some things I have learned).

Do you think God could get you a perfect Bible? I believe he did (for English speakers) with the precious KJV.

All honor and glory to the Lord
Amen

For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth - 2 Cor 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment