Sunday, September 11, 2011

What You're Really Saying With A Tattoo

First off, I have to admit to this. I have 1 tattoo and I got it prior to finding all this out. I am going to be looking into having it removed soon possibly but I want to share this as well. I know that many will differ on my view here but I just want to follow the Bible and what it says.

Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

"Cuttings in your flesh" and "print any marks upon you". I believe it is clear in the Bible from this one verse that we are not to cut into ourselves, no matter what it is honoring. One thing I've noticed about a good part of the "law" is that anything stated in the law books (notably in the moral code), that is still to be followed.

1 Kings 18:28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.

"Cut themselves". With this story of Elijah and the prophets of Baal, The form of worship that they employed to try to "awaken" their phony god, was cutting themselves (bloodletting/tattooing).

Since I know their will be quite a few that disagree with me on this, I'd also like to share a link to another article on this. This article gives a more in-depth look at this practice.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/watkins_tattoos/intro.html

All honor and glory to the Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment